The mission of the East Quogue Elementary Schools Physical Education Program is to provide successful physical experiences for all children. One major goal for all our students is IMPROVEMENT. Every day we preach trying to improve in whatever we are working on. Activities in the program are selected from a wide variety of skills, sports, games and fitness for children in grades kindergarten through sixth. Through participation in physical education students will have the opportunity to develop knowledge and practices necessary in acquiring personal physical fitness along with a lifetime of health and wellness values. Students will also have the opportunity for social interaction in physical education classes and participation will help promote personal values.
The following expectations have been set forth in order for the safety and well-being of all the students who enter the gym:
In P.E., we will...
- Follow directions.
- Come to class prepared.
- Show respect for ourselves, others and equipment.
- Give the best effort you can each day.
- Have fun!
REMEMBER: Always wear your proper shoes and attire to P.E. class.
Why Physical Education?
With the growing number of obesity in today's young people, the benefits of a quality physical education class are endless. Not only can it be fun but the following can be gained as well:
- Increased fitness levels
- Development and encouragement of creativity
- Positive Self-esteem
- Improved motor, social and emotional skills
- Increased muscular endurance and flexibility
- Increased body awareness
Parents: Make Fitness a Lifestyle
- Get Involved...talk to your child's P.E. teacher(s) about your child's physical education program. Offer to volunteer with special events or help teach a lesson.
- Be an advocate...encourage the school board to make physical education a priority.
- Limit time spent doing sedentary activities such as watching television, surfing the net or playing computer games.
- Emphasize the importance of having fun and learning; avoid a push "to win."
- Schedule regular time during the week for your family to do a physical activity.
No updates at this time.